Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's Not That I'm Anti-Google...

I don't know why I've been on a Google kick lately; I just enjoy pointing out the flaws of a major corporation, I guess. The latest? Somewhat old news, but perhaps it's news to you? Apparently, Google has had data (they don't say how much, but I'm guessing it's a quite a bit) stolen from one of the outsourced companies that keeps Google records.

The most important piece of information stolen was social security numbers of many of their employees (again they don't say how much, but I'm guessing it's a lot). None of this is funny or even unusual. But here's the kicker...the company that stored this highly private and sensitive information was not using encryption software to protect their information.

How does one of the largest and wealthiest companies of modern day America store sensitive information about their employees with a company not using any kind of encryption to protect that information?

I just hope the NSA isn't using the same company....

No comments: