Thursday, January 10, 2008

How Do You Like Your McCoffee

I was on the road a few years ago, and, though I swear I hardly do this now, I ventured into a McDonalds; I think it's just something you do when your on the road. The food is crap, but you can always count on it to taste like the same crap you've always had. Restaurants on the road are hit and miss, and I like the certainty of being always crappy that McDonalds offers--it's the one thing you can always count on them for. At this particular McDonalds they were testing something they called the McPizza. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know what it is. Needless to say I didn't order it, but it really made me wish that McDonalds would just stop trying things. They are a fast-food place for crappy hamburgers and stupid toys that your kids can't live without. They can't do healthy food and they certainly can't do pizza. Stop trying!
But they don't! If you haven't read about it, now McDonalds wants to be your neighborhood Star Bucks. I'm not a Star Bucks fan (I prefer to make my coffee), but if I was, then I definitely would stop if they started asking me if I wanted fry's with that espresso.

If McDonalds wants to serve coffee in the morning, fine! Some say McDonald's coffee is the best coffee they've ever tasted. I don't know about that. Coffee is coffee. It's not that hard to brew it in a pot. But now McDonald's wants to do one better; they want to start making the same fancy coffee with foam that Star Bucks banks its money on.

Personally, I think they're just mad because Star Bucks serving a sausage muffin that is much better then there's.

Read the whole story here: http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jrmSAbB1a8ML0oJwWgy1quGa3LgQ

No comments: