Friday, September 12, 2008

You're in for a Sweet Surprise?

I thought I had seen it all when McDonald's got into the "we're healthy for you" game...I was wrong. There's a new ad campaign out that basically says not only is High-Fructose Corn Syrup just like sugar, but it's also appears to made from corn? If by corn they mean chemically modified corn, then I guess that's sort of right...but come on! Are you kidding me?!

The woman in this video has that red fruit punch that is probably 70% corn syrup...there's nothing healthy about that. Maybe it is just like sugar, but that doesn't make it good. The stuff isn't contributing to obesity because tiny portions are in soft drinks...it's contributing because substantial portions are in the drinks. 

I can't even imagine how many people will watch these commercials and be "I knew it! Soft drinks are healthy!"







No comments: