Monday, May 12, 2008

Hackintosh

Windows is the operating system of yesterday. It seems like they are trying to lose users. First they put out Windows Vista, which is sluggish on half the PCs it's pre-installed on (it was so bad, that I ended up paying nearly 150 dollars to downgrade to XP on my wife's computer). Now it seems Microsoft is out to get XP users too! Their recent XP update is full of bugs.

It's no wonder so many people are switching to Mac. What I don't get is why Apple just doesn't sell a PC version of the Leopard operation system; back in the pre-Intel days, this sort of thing would have been complicated. Now? Piece of cake. So unleash the Leopard, Steve Jobs! I know I'd line up to buy it.

I've gotten to the point where I'm considered turning my PC into a hackintosh until I can get the money and the courage to take the leap to the Mac side. Sure it's illegal, but what are my options? Don't make me do this Apple! Just give me an OS to put on my PC and I'll happily pay you!


1 comment:

Rachel said...

I guess I'm just lucky, PCs have always and still always work just fine for me (and I'm on Vista). But even if I did jump ship, I definitely wouldn't go with Apple. Just a personal bias.