Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Movies I'm Excited About

Dates are subject to change...

March
Watchman - This movies either going to be really great or really horrible; there's no need to explain what it's about--if you have never heard of the comic book, I'm pretty sure you won't want to see the movie.

The Lovely Bones - Peter Jackson directed it...is it possible it can be bad? Everything he does is great (unless you count "Meet the Feebles"...how about we just forget about that movie?)

May
Star Trek - I was never a Star Trek fan, but after seeing the preview, I'm ready to give it a shot.

Up - Pixars yearly movie; it's also the first feature that Pete Docter has directed since Monsters, Inc in 2001...

July
2012 - Every summer needs a brainless action movie, and it looks like this summer "2012" will take that spot; basically, it's about a bunch of natural disasters occurring at the end of 2012 (the same year that the Mayan calender mysteriously ends); I predict a big opening weekend, followed by a bunch of people at the library asking for books on the Mayan calender. Also, I predict this movie will make a lot of people nervous about 2012.

August
G.I. Joe - I confess, this is the movie I am most excited t see; the movie was my childhood. I had the toys, I saw the movies, and I raced home every day after school to see the cartoon.

October
Toy Story in 3-D - I'm more excited about the 2010 release of "Toy Story 3" but this will have to do for now.

Where the Wild Things Are - After all the controversy surrounding the delays and rewrites, the question on most people's minds is will it actually be good? I think Spike Jonze can pull it off. Plus Dave Eggers helped penned the script...

November
A Christmas Carol - Jim Carrey voices Scrooges in this CGI movie by Robert Zemeckis. I liked Zemeckis last Christmas movie, "The Polar Express"...but hopefully, his crew has learned how to draw humans, because the CGI in that movie was creepy!

The Fantastic Mr. Fox - Wes Anderson takes on the classic Roald Dahl story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love "Meet the Feebles!" It's so sick and morally corrupt that it's fun.

A lot of people are already getting into the whole 2012 crap. Just like they did with the Y2K crap. And "Left Behind." Me, I'm sticking with "Of that day and hour no man will know."

Anonymous said...

"watchman"? i think you mean "watchmen"

Scott Douglas said...

my bad. watchmen...although if the lawsuit doesn't pan for the movie studio out maybe they can just change the title of the movie?