Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Books I'm Excited for in 2009

Dates are subject to change...

January
"Red Carpet Suicide" by Perez Hilton - Honestly, I'm just excited (hoping) to see it do bad.

"Andre the Giant" by Michael Krugman - This guy was the hero of every kid on my block, when I was little; I even had the action figure. Coincidentally, there is also slated to be a movie about him this year.

February
"Losing My Religion" by William Lobdell - Spiritual memoir by former Los Angeles Times religion writer.

"Fool: A Novel" by Christopher Moore - Maybe now I can finally understand King Lear.

March
"Mental Floss Presents Be Amazing" by the Editors of Mental Floss - This book looks like it will be the ultimate "how-to" guide to doing things you never knew you wanted to know how to do.

May
"Pygmy" by Chuck Palahniuk - I'm not really a Palahniuk fan, but this description alone intrigues me: "The Manchurian Candidate meets South Park"

"Let Story Guide You" by Donald Miller - One of the few Christian writers out there worth reading.

1 comment:

sarah said...

Fool sounds really good, honestly. And I have mixed feelings about Perez Hilton's book. My writing self is un-happy. But his website is really like a trainwreck to me; I can't not check it multiple times daily. :/