Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Library Themed Wedding?

So the big questions I keep getting asked is if Diana & I had a library themed wedding. And the answer? Yes and no. If you weren't there, you'll just have to wait for the pictures.

The wedding itself was not literary; there's not a lot you can do to book-up a wedding. We tried our best to incorporate books into the reception, however. Every table (there were 30) was named after a writer; on the table was a book by that writer, along with one or two other books; each table also had a library card with the writers name and photo on the front, and facts about the writer on the back (also on the back was Diana and I's favorite book by that writer). The centerpiece to the table was a book folded in such a way that it had a round type shaped (a picture describes what the heck I'm talking about much better, so just wait). Also on the table was a framed picture of the writer, and a crossword puzzle that we made up that was all about books. Sadly, no one was fined late fees for arriving late...we didn't have anyone to police such behaviors.

I'll have more soon, I'm sure!

No comments: