Friday, January 1, 2010

Best TV Shows of the Decade

My final list; the best TV shows of the decade.

Arrested Development -- This was a horrible sitcom, but a fantastic comedy; the reason it never got big is it's just too hard to watch the episodes without starting from the beginning.

The Office -- I was a huge fan of the original series, and had doubts about this one, but it really grew into it's own; today I wouldn't even compare the two shows.

The West Wing -- I'll just pretend like the last season never happened, because all the ones that came before it were great.

Curb Your Enthusiasm -- An r-rated Seinfeld. It can be hit or miss each episode, but when it's a good episode it's on par with Seinfeld. And that Seinfeld plot this year was wonderful.

30 Rock -- It took awhile, but this show has really grown on me.

Mad Men -- This show is slow, yes, but it's also very well written. After this seasons ending, I can't wait for next year.

Band of Brothers -- I had reservations about putting miniseries on this list, because they're more like movies than TV shows. Still, I couldn't resist putting this on the list. By far one of the best things I've ever seen on TV period.

The Clone Wars -- I felt a little weird watching a cartoon as an adult, but it was Star Wars after all; despite the occasional juvenile nature of the series, it has pretty complex themes, and is quite well written.

Firefly -- Why, oh why, did they cancel this show so soon? It had so much left too tell.

Dexer -- Thank you, Netflix, to introducing me to this series.

2 comments:

Maggie May said...

agree with AR, Dexter, Curb Your Enthusiasm !

Aline said...

this list...so good!

i never saw firefly or clone wars, but the others are favorites of mine as well!!