Monday, November 23, 2009

Observations on a Life Not Yet Observed

Over the past two years since "Quiet, Please," I was engaged in several writing projects; many of these projects had me sketching out humor essays that eventually would be used for chapters in different books--some of the essays went on to be published, and others did not. They were all good, and so I have collected them (along with several others) into a collection of humor essays titled "Observations of a Life Not Yet Observed."

Essay collections are not an easy thing to publish; I hope one day that they do find their way into a bound book, but for now I am making them available on Kindle (which you can now also read on your PC and iPod). You can buy a copy here.

There are stories about being broke, stories about being newly married, and stories about being purposely electrocuted by my grandfather (it really is funny!).

Over the next couple weeks, I'll be writing about a few more projects I have on Kindle, so stay tuned.

Tomorrow and the day after, I'll post the first two essays from the collection for your reading entertainment.


"Observations on a Life Not Yet Observed" (and no, that's not me on the cover).


ALSO AVAILABLE:

"Christian Obscenity" A collection of Christian humor, parody, interviews, and other essays I've published over the years.

"Dispatches from a Public Librarian" which is made up of my library dispatches from McSweeney's and a couple of library related essays and stories.

"The First Cyber Death Extravaganza!" a humorous post-modern mythology about the Internet that I wrote a few years back

"The Library Tree" another humorous mythology (this one for kids) that I wrote a few years ago.

"Interviews with Famous People I've Never Meant" is comprised of the interviews in "Christian Obscenity" but it's cheaper and without all the essays/stories

No comments: